Don’t you hate waking up to ugly facial acne when you have a long day of socializing ahead of you? It all starts with the accumulation of bacteria that causes inflamed pustules to appear on our face, back, chest, or limbs. Another major concern associated with acne is the unsightly stubborn scar that it leaves behind as a souvenir for us to deal with for the rest of our lives.
However, with major advancements in the world of medical technology, there is a procedure called ClearLight that is used to effectively treat inflammatory acne and produce excellent results with negligible side effects.
What Is ClearLight?
ClearLight is a therapeutic light treatment that is used to get rid of moderately inflamed acne from various parts of the body. The ClearLight procedure makes use of the revolutionary technology of APC, or Acne Photo Clearing, for destroying acne-producing microorganisms by high-intensity blue-violet light. The treatment involves stimulation of porphyrin molecules that are released by the Proprionobacterium acnes bacterium. This triggers a series of chemical reactions that generate peroxide to eliminate the acne-producing bacteria and inhibit the formation of acne lesions.
What Is the ClearLight Procedure Like?
The ClearLight therapy treatments are quite simple and hassle-free to perform. The patient can choose to either lie down or sit while being exposed to the blue-violet light for about 20 to 30 minutes of the ClearLight session. The treatment sessions are monitored through a computer software system in order to ensure optimum performance. Patients typically do not experience any discomfort or pain during the therapy session and can resume their normal routine immediately after the treatment is completed. Usually, the ClearLight procedure is performed twice a week for four weeks to achieve the desired results. Once the set of eight sessions is completed, the individual might have to go for follow-up procedures after several months of acne-free skin to maintain and sustain the desired results. However, the number of treatments required will be largely dependent on the severity of your acne problem.
Why You Should Go for the ClearLight Therapy
- The ClearLight therapy is a drug-free procedure that can be safely employed for getting rid of stubborn acne.
- The procedure involves targeted and precise treatment of the acne while having any damaging effects on the surrounding healthy tissues.
- Since the procedure is non-invasive, there is negligible downtime involved and you can go back to your usual life immediately after a session.
- Since there are no side effects involves, the ClearLight therapy is a boon for individuals who complain of allergic reactions to acne prescriptions and antibiotics.
- Since ClearLight therapy is able to effectively eliminate most inflammatory acne within the first month, it is one of the fastest cosmetic techniques used for skin treatment.
Although pregnant women and individuals suffering from photosensitivity are advised to consult their doctors before going for the treatment, ClearLight therapy can be undergone by almost anyone who has a persistent acne problem.
Schedule Your Consultation
Learn more about ClearLight – contact our office and make an appointment for a consultation. Dr. Patrick Felice, a skilled board-certified plastic surgeon, provides numerous procedures for restoring and enhancing one’s appearance.